The Ryga Arts Festival is currently looking for two Canada Summer Jobs students to help run the box
office and festival for our 2022 season! Please read the following job descriptions and email your
resume and cover letter to [email protected] by May 31st, 2022. Positions are full time (35 hours per
week) with variable hours, and run from June 27th to August 26th.
The positions are as follows:
1) The Production Assistant
Will work under the supervision of the General Manager and
mentorship of the Artistic Director to help in a variety of ways including but not limited to:
- assist at in-person events with filming, photography and live social media posts.
- create inventory of photos and video to archive for 2022 Ryga Arts.
- maintain and update website with new photos and video.
- assist with updating the website and keeping our online presence up-to-date.
- assist with box office hours in Summerland, BC.
- attend and promote festival at local farmer's markets.
- put up promotional posters and flyers.
- assist administrative assistant and general manager with the creation and execution of social media plan.
- assist general manager at in-person events with hospitality.
- under supervision, act as liaison for artists performing at in-person events.
2) Office / Administrative Assistant
Working under the supervision of the General Manager, this successful candidate will assist with office administration tasks including but not limited to:
- answering phones and emails.
- creating and posting on social media.
- tending to in-person and online box office requests.
- assisting with volounteer recruitment/managenment.
- helping to promote the festival by attending farmer's markets.
- putting up posters.
- community engagement.
- outreach and connecting with media outlets.
- attending and assisting at all in-person events (where required).
- assisting with artist liaison, front of hours operations.
- assisting with volounteer orientation and direction.
Qualified candiates for both positions must be comfortable with the following:
- all social media platforms.
- Microsoft office.
- Ability to learn new systems like the box office Arts People.
- Speaking on the phone and answering emails.
- Calling volounteers and patrons.
- Taking initiative when appropriate.
- Taking directions from both the general manager and the artistic director.
- Be available for weekly team meetings and willing to engage appropriately.
- Be flexible with working hours - weekly schedule may vary slightly with regular weekly hours less than 35 to accommodate for ectra hours worked during the festival itself. Between August 13-22 must be avaialbe and willing to assist during the festival in all capacities with an "all hands on deck" attitude.
- Be willing to ask questions and learn as you go.
Candidates must also qualifty for the Canada Summer Jobs program, be between 15-30 years old and a permanent Canadian citizen, resident or refugee.